You have two ways to share a document with a contact, you can add that person as a Trusted Advisor or you can share one document by an encrypted link.
Depending on your role and permissions you will be able to add a trusted advisor or not.
Ways to Share:
- Share with a Trusted Advisor
- Share with an encrypted link
Share with a Trusted Advisor
Step 1: Open the contact details
Step 2: Click on Set Permissions
Step 3: Choose the access and permission, click Save
- You can skip the General Permissions.
- It's mandatory to choose at least 1 Entity.
- It's mandatory to choose at least one subcategory.
Step 4: Choose if you want to send the notification
- If it's the first time you are setting up this contact as a Trusted Advisor you need to send the email notification. An automatic email will be sent to the email of the contact with an invitation link.
- You can choose to send it later if you want.
Share with an encrypted link
Step 1: Right-click on the Document you want to share
- You can only share one document at the time
Step 2: Select Share
Step 3: Type the email or the name if it's already in your contact
- Select the name or the email.
Step 4: Keep or edit the Subject and message
Step 5: Add an expiration date
- For an added level of security please add an expiration date. Anyone that has access to the link will be able to view and download this document.
- Once the expiration date passes the link will expire.