Two-Factor Authentication is known as "multi factor authentication" that requires not only a password and username, but also something that only, and only you, has with you (i.e. a piece of information only you should know or have immediately to hand - such as a physical PIN).When you enable your Two-Factor Authentication, you add an extra layer of security to your account. It's designed to ensure the safety of all documents and information stored in your account.
How it works
Once you enable this security feature, logging in to your Vault will require you to enter a unique verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the mobile number you registered, in addition to your username and password. Every time that you sign in, we will send you a new code; however, if you always use your personal computer you can click on "Trust this computer", and we won't ask you for a code again for the verification code, when we recognize one of your trusted computers.
Turn on Two-Factor Authentication in Settings
To activate the Two-Factor Authentication feature go to:
- My Account Settings> Security> Two-Factor Authentication.
- Add your mobile phone number. We currently support only North American numbers.
- Add your Vault password to confirm your identity.
- Click "Save".
- You will receive a text message with a 4 digit PIN code.
- Add the PIN Number in the pop-up window and click OK.